Pinterest that looked really cool- omelettes in pepper rings! It made a really tasty brunch & was quick & easy to whip up!
To make these omelettes for 2 people you will need:
2 red peppers
Feta cheese (a block about the size of 2 thumbs!) chopped up quite small & crumbly
Sunblush cherry tomatoes (or the regular kind chopped up smaller)
Chopped (or dried) parsley
Salt & pepper
1. Crack your eggs into a jug & whisk together with about a tablespoon of parsley. Add salt & pepper to taste.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
3. Chop your peppers into rings, not too thickly, (you should get about 4 decent sized rings per pepper), fry them on one side in the pan for a couple of minutes, then flip them over.
4. Pour your omelette mixture into the centre of the rings (mine leaked out a bit at first so make sure your peppers are pretty flat to the bottom of the pan).
5. Once the omelettes are mostly cooked through, flip them over to get the tops cooked.
6. Plate up your omelette rings & add tomatoes, cheese & sliced avocado on top!
You could customise these endlessly, and use green, yellow & orange peppers too. I ate mine with a splash of balsamic vinegar too- I'm addicted to the stuff!