(I'm not going to do the full 11 facts because I did a Liebster not too long ago & I don't want you all to get bored of me. Plus it's really hard to think of stuff.)
A few facts about me
- I really like the smell of fake tan, which I know is really gross.
- I really love rose wine with loads of ice- so refined I know.
- I have two tattoos, well technically three, I have two large stars (which I count as one tattoo really) on my chest, on either side, below my collarbone- plus one tiny star on my foot. I want loads more but they're expensive, plus I'm not allowed them on display at work (BOOOOOOOO). Eventually though I want to save up to have the star on my foot covered up with a larger piece.
- I watch FAR too much tv. Favourite shows of all time are Buffy, Lost (crap ending though, I am still bitter) & Friends. At the minute I am obsessed with Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars & New Girl.
- I really like making lists and have done ever since I was little. I keep a notebook where I can write down all the to-do, shopping, grocery & organisational lists that pop into my head & that I feel I must get down on paper. For that reason I am also obsessed with websites like last.fm & tastekid even though they are of no discernible use whatsoever. I also think that's why I like Pinterest so much, it's all so organised.
- What new years resolutions did you make? (if any, if not, why?) To take more photos, read more & blog more. Failing in all but the blogging one, but I hope my motivation for the first two picks up in Summer, as that's usually the way it happens.
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you'd buy? Besides things like investments, savings, my own flat and like a house & boat for my parents, etc, the first material thing I'd buy for myself would be a Chanel handbag.
- If someone asked for a book recommendation, what would you give them? God I am so out of the loop on new fiction it's embarrassing. So in that case it would probably have to be something by Donna Tartt or some of Bret Easton Ellis' early stuff (let's ignore the fact that Twitter has revealed him to be an actual moron).
- What is the one place you really HAVE to visit before you die? Only one! Argh. I would really love to go to Japan I suppose, & of course I would love to see an aurora, preferably somewhere really cold with snow & lots of stars, not fussy where.
- If you had one piece of advice for your 16 year old self, what would it be? Don't be so hard on yourself.
- What TV show that no longer airs do you miss most? I don't really miss any of them because I don't think they'd be the same if they were still airing. Especially something like Buffy that really spoke to me at that age- it was more a generational thing. Also I don't miss Friends because I have the boxset on heavy rotation- I feel like it never left.
- What one hobby do you wish you'd pursued? I wish I had more patience for things like crochet & knitting. And I wish I had never quit cello so early on.
- If you could time travel to what age, what one would you go to and why? I'd go forward just to be nosy. I don't think I'd go back in time because as much as we romanticise past eras & admire the style of ages like the 20s or 60s, equality for women, people of colour and lgbt people was pretty awful (massive understatement alert). It's important to move forward.
- What is the thing you most find attractive about the opposite sex? (or same, I'm pro equal rights) Literally any guy that makes me laugh is in with a chance. I don't really have a particular type though- you just have to be kind, funny & a decent conversationalist. A MAJOR turn off though is a boy who is too self deprecating & negative.
- Who/what is your blogger inspiration? I obviously really like Elsie & Emma of A Beautiful Mess, and friends of theirs like Rachel of Smile & Wave and Katie of Skunkboy Blog. I like that all their blogs are accessible, creative & fun. I used to really like Gala Darling but I'm not so keen anymore since she's gone all new-agey & I don't find any of her life 'advice' all that realistic.
- And finally... coffee or tea? Coffee, but I like tea too. I have a rather enormous collection of both. Truth be told though, I'm not much for hot drinks at home. I drink LOADS of coffee at work, I can't function without the stuff, but I'd rather drink water at home. Or wine. Pink wine.
I would like to direct you to the following blogs, all of whom I nominate for a Liebster They are under no pressure to fill out the questions, or they can pick just a few, etc, as I know a couple of them have been nominated before & it might feel repetitive for them. Regardless of whether they do or not though, you should visit their blogs & have a read at their other posts. Some of these bloggers I know better than others, but one thing they all have in common is that I really enjoy reading their lovely posts.
Kim @ What Peggy Said
Erica @ Being Erica
Kirsty @ Indigo Buttons
Katie @ Daydreamer Extraordinaire
Helen @ Pierre Le Cat
And the questions I pose to the nominees are:
- Your favourite animal?
- Favourite/fail-proof recipe?
- What is your most unusual talent?
- If you were inventing a cocktail, what would be your three core ingredients, and what would you call it?
- Which beauty process do you hate the most? (For example mine is washing & drying my hair it takes FOREVER).
- Give me one interesting fact about your hometown.
- If you won the lottery today, what would you do differently tomorrow?
- What's the best holiday you've ever been on?
- Favourite fictional character?
- Winter or Summer?
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Finally, if you're unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, it works like this: the award was created for up & coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Give 11 random facts about yourself, answer the questions posed by whomever nominated you & ask 11 questions for your nominees. Then finally, let your nominees know they have been given the award! Thanks again Amy for the nomination!