Hello & welcome to the easiest, most delicious thing you will ever do with your oven. Baked salmon is so easy a small child could do this, so if you are the kind of person with few to no kitchen skills then this is totally for you. Although even if you're Heston I can't imagine you passing this up.
You will need (per person):
1 salmon fillet
2-3 slices of lemon
1-2 tbsp of fresh chopped herbs (I've used coriander but basil would be nice too)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200.
- Cut a few slashes in the top of your salmon as I have done above, and brush with oil.
- Stuff the slashes with the herbs & place the lemon slices on top. (At this point I also drizzled on a little soy sauce but this is optional).
- Wrap your salmon in parchment & then in tinfoil to keep it all tightly sealed.
- Bake on a low shelf in the oven for 20 mins. Once it's done open it careully to let out the steam- don't burn yourself.