I believe that everyone should have a good cookie recipe that they can turn to whenever they get the craving. I like my cookies soft and chewy with a good helping of chocolate chips in every mouthful and these cookies fit the bill perfectly.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Adapted from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.
Makes 18 cookies
You will need:
225g butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
100g self raising flour
2 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
100g chocolate chips
2 tbsp peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C & prep two large baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer or with a handheld electric whisk until light & fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat into butter & sugar until smooth & creamy.
3. Add all flour and bicarb of soda and mix well until a smooth, sticky dough forms.
4. Add peanut butter & chocolate chips & fold in with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed.
5. Arrange cookies on baking sheets leaving plenty of room for them to spread. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cookies have just started to turn golden.
6. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on tray slightly (they will be very soft & will break if you try to lift them off the paper straight out of the oven) before transferring them to a wire rack.
7. Eat with a glass of ice cold milk, a really good movie and a snuggly blanket!